Volton Electric Bikes
Chicago-based Volton Bicycles is among those that are striving
to make a green change in the world through eco-transportation.
The company designs and supplies electric-powered bicycles
and seeks to raise awareness of this affordable and fuel-free
Volton's e-bikes are designed to reduce carbon footprint
and eliminate troubles encountered with traditional modes
of transportation. Their designs are unique, low maintenance
and made of quality components.
Currently, they have five lines of electric bikes, and here's
a look at them:
The Alation line takes its name from the word itself which
means "the state of being winged." Elements seen
in world-class mountain bikes are applied to the Alation,
including hydro-formed tubing and an oversized headset for
strength and responsive handling; powerful disc braking power;
and adjustable, responsive suspension that allows riders to
tackle whatever the path throws at them.
Under the Alation line are a couple of models, and these
- Alation 250 - an easy-to-ride bike offering 250 watts
of power for use in any setting - dirt, street, sport or
- Alation 350 - offers an upgraded motor that can handle
climbs and rougher terrain with better ease.
- Alation 500 - an urban and light-trail capable bike that
offers lots of power and torque.
- Alation Mid Drive - features centered weight distribution
allowing for better balance and increased electric drive
efficiency resulting in a longer, more comfortable ride.
Step-through (ST) battery-in-frame builds
ST bikes are much more easier to mount as you only have to
- Alation ST 250 - great choice for those who love outdoor
riding, but not so much climbing. It's also a better model
for smaller riders.
- Alation ST 500 - provides a much easier frame to mount,
and although it bears similarities with the high-step model
(Alation 500), it has several improvements that set it apart
like an extended rear fender, improved headlight and rubberized
- Alation ST Mid Drive - the mid-mounted configuration makes
climbs better and can reach higher top speeds despite having
The bikes under this line have a classic style but with a
new feel. With a relaxed geometry and an optimally mounted
battery, these bikes provide an upright riding position for
a comfortable boulevard cruise.
- Boulevard - designed for comfortable cruising. The Boulevard
comes in Volton's classic cruiser frame and the optimally
mounted batter and controller helps keep weight centered
for superior handling and upright riding.
- Boulevard DLX - an upgraded classic that comes with disc
brakes, a powerful 350-watt motor, upgraded suspension and
a lithium-iron phosphate battery.
These are step-through versions of the Boulevard. Under this
- Ease - a step-through version of the Boulevard which means
an easier time getting on and getting off.
- Ease DLX - comes with a powerful 350-watt motor, front
disc brake, adjustable suspension and a 36v10ah lithium
These machines feature a hybrid-inspired design made with
double-butted T6 tubing. All in all, these bikes are streamlined,
lightweight and comfortable.
- El Legs - one of the lightest full-sized electric bikes
in the market. The double-butted, hydro-formed tubing reduced
weight but also adds structure to the frame design. The
bike is as light as it looks and is structurally sound for
a well-handling, responsive smooth ride.
- EL Legs 5 - a sporty, lightweight bike with a powerful
500-watt motor and balanced battery design. The bike offers
twist throttle mode and five levels of pedal assist that
extend its range.
This bike is a 20" folding commuter that also comes
with a reinforced frame geometry. It is fun to ride, and as
its name says, easy to stow.